Thursday, April 7, 2011

Milk is not Milk!

I recently told you about the amazing cheese produced by Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses. The reason I write this post now has to do with a question I was asking myself after I had eaten the Suffolk Gold cheese...
The question I was asking myself was: How can the cheese be so tremendous in its flavour? To answer this question, I went to Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses and asked Jason, the owner of this small family-run business, what the reason of the great flavour was...


fresh milk
Happy Cows at Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses

He just smiled and told me, that it was the milk of a small herd of 80 award-winning cows. Jason also told me that he milked the cows twice a day and that he only uses high quality feed. The cows have a luxurious life at Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses, I saw a brand new, very spacious cow shed which provides comfortable shelter in the colder months and harsher weather, while the cows have the freedom to graze over lush pastures in kinder weather. Fortunately, the locally produced milk can't be used entirely to produce cheese, so the milk is sold, too. As you know I'm a real enthusiast, I wasn't in doubt of not buying a fresh bottle of milk. The milk I then drank had a creamy, overwhelming flavour and I can ensure that if you sometimes enjoy a glass of milk, you will enjoy a glass of Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses more than any other glass of milk! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

If you want to learn more about Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses, just click here to go to my first post about Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses!