Monday, April 11, 2011

Vinegar is Wonderful

I already told you about the tremendous flavour of Aspall Cyder in an earlier post. As I was so impressed by the flavour of Aspall's cyder, I wanted to learn more about it. I wanted to know how it's produced and what happens to the by-products. I found out that vinegar is one of such by-products and that Aspall offers 4 different kinds of vinegar. I had never tried vinegar before, but I heard that English people like to eat chips with vinegar. So I bought a bottle of Aspall's Apple Balsamic Vinegar and tried this local produce with chips.The result? I was astonished!
vinegar organic
Aspall Apple Balsamic Vinegar

Aspall Apple Balsamic has a fruity apple flavour and mellow sourness make it a great balsamic. Its smooth flavour falls between sweet and sour which made it a great experience for me to eat it with chips. 
The great thing about vinegar is that you can almost use it for everything - not just for use as an ingredient but also as a marinade, dressing or condiment. It also makes a dip for bread with olive oil, or for simply drizzling over salads and char-grilled foods just before serving. I can highly recommend Aspall Apple Balsamic, I am absolutely sure you will fall in love with its flavour! If you don't like the taste of apples, you can just buy one of Aspall's other vinegars, such as the Organic Cyder Vinegar, which recently scooped top prize in the 2008 Soil Association Awards, in the Store Cupboards Staples Category.
I do have both of them, and I can't even tell you which one is better! Just buy and try both!
If you want to learn more about Aspall Cyder, just click here to read the first post about Aspall Cyder.